Web Worker Daily Â» Blog Archive The Not-To-Do List: Bad Habits to Stop Now Â«
Here are nine stressful and common habits that entrepreneurs and office workers should strive to eliminate. Focus on one or two at a time, just as you would with high-priority to-do items.
Iâ€™ve worded them in no-to-do action form:
1. Do not answer unrecognized phone calls
2. Do not e-mail first thing in the morning or last thing at night
3. Do not agree to meetings or calls with no clear agenda or end time
4. Do not let people rambleâ€”forget â€œhowâ€™s it going?â€ and embrace â€œwhatâ€™s up?â€
5. Do not check e-mail constantlyâ€”â€œbatchâ€ and check at set times only
6. Do not over-communicate with low-profit, high-maintenance customers
7. Do not work more to fix overwhelmâ€”prioritize
8. Do not carry a cellphone or Crackberry 24/7, seven days a weekâ€”make evenings and/or Saturdays digital leash-free.
9. Do not expect work to fill a void that non-work relationships and activities should